Following are the few steps to avoid fraud during financial transactions, online scams like phishing, vishing etc.
- Do not use link in an email message to get to any web page. For logging in to Internet Banking always use official website of the Bank .
- Do not share confidential information such as password, customer id, credit/debit card pin, cvv, Bank account details to any email request i.e. phishing, even if the request is from GSC Bank, any Government Bodies or any Card association company. Please remember such authorities never ask for such confidential information.
- Also do not share such confidential information over phone or through SMS i.e. vishing.
- Please download any software, application on your PC, laptop /MOBILE only if you trust the source.
- Do not transfer funds to or share your account details with unknown/ non-validated source luring with commission or attractive offers.
- GSC Bank has implemented a second level of authentication for Internet banking /Mobile transactions and Beneficiary addition. A onetime password (OTP for transaction ) be sent to customer via SMS on registered Mobile Number for providing enhanced level of protection.
- If you find your mobile number inactive, please contact your telecom service provider immediately to understand the reason.
- In case your telecom service provider confirms release of your number/ sim card to another person, please file a complaint immediately both with the telecom service provider and local law enforcement.
- Please immediately check your balances and transactions using SMS/ Mobile Banking. Also check your Internet banking account for unusual transactions or beneficiary addition to your account.
- Ensure that you have installed the latest anti-virus/ anti-spyware/ personal firewall/ security patches on your computer/MOBILE
- Do not access Internet banking/Mobile banking or make online payments using debit card from shared or unprotected computers in public places.
- Review account balances and detail transactions regularly (preferably daily) to confirm payment and other transaction data.
- If you find unauthorized access/ suspicious transaction in your account please inform your branch immediately .
- Funds transfer to the beneficiary account through Mobile Banking is only based on the Account Number added by the customer as a beneficiary.