RuPay PaySecure Direct Registration
We are pleased to inform that RuPay Debit Cards can now be used for online transactions and payments through RuPay PaySecure an e-Commerce solution of National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI). RuPay PaySecure not only provides a platform for e-transactions but also gives the customers a complete unique shopping experience. The RuPay Card can be used at all ATMs, merchant establishments in India for online transactions and payments.
Key Features of RuPay PaySecure
- The solution offers enhanced security measures in addition to the RBI mandated 2-Factor authentication viz.registration, OTP,image based authentication and anti-phishing measures.
- Highly secure with unique anti-phishing properties.
- User friendly and smooth adaptability.
- Simplified architecture & transaction flow reduces transaction time resulting in faster transaction processing and reduction in drop-outs.
- Customer experience: During the online payment the cardholder’s authentication data is collected in a secured manner. Further, with help of a bank themed PIN pad the cardholder has to enter the PIN number while making the payment. The pad shuffles each time a digit is entered as an additional security measure.
All RuPay Card Holders for online transactions viz. bill payments, online purchases etc.
RuPay PaySecure Usage
- All the customers holding RuPay Cards can transact online with RuPay PaySecure.
- Customer will have to select an image to register during registration. Subsequently, the customer will have to identify the correct registered image in order to get validated.
- Customer will have to enter a phrase during registration. Subsequently, the customer will have to acknowledge the phrase and the last 3 transactions being made online in order to get validated.
- Subsequently the image and phrase become validating factors. In case the customer forgets or exceeds the number of attempts they have to re-register to enter new phrase and select a new image.
- In order to get authenticated, the cardholder needs to enter correct card details, OTP, challenge questions, internet ID and password or any other parameters defined by the issuer.
- Customer is required to use a valid ATM PIN for authorization of the e-Commerce transactions. Customer will have to enter PIN on the bank themed PIN pad using mouse clicks only. The PIN pad will shuffle each time a digit is entered.
- RuPay Cards are enabled for online purchases on major merchants. For details on this solution, kindly get in touch with your bank call centre teams.
1. What is PaySecure?
• PaySecure is a payment service that allows you to use your RuPay debit card with your ATM PIN to pay for online purchases.It uses a simplified yet secure architecture for customers to transact online with additional security measures where in the mode of validation is by selecting an image and passing a phrase.
2. Do I have a separate password?
• No,there is no need of a password with RuPay PaySecure, instead ATM PIN is all a customer needs to have.The authentication requires other credentials like image selection and pass phrase over and above the ATM PIN.
3. What happens if I enter an incorrect image/pin?
• There is an option to re-register that will help customer to register the card again and choose a new image.
• For PIN,the customer can cancel the transaction by clicking ‘Cancel’ displayed on the PINpad. The customer will be taken to the previous page and the customer can come to the PINpad again and type in the correct PIN.
4. What if the phrase displayed is wrong?
• This page is an anti-phishing junction. The customer must terminate the transaction immediately and contact the bank customer care to notify this issue.
5. What if the last 3 transactions displayed are wrong?
• This page is an anti-phishing junction. The customer must terminate the transaction immediately and contact the bank customer care to notify this issue.
6. What if the PIN or card is lost?
• Please contact the bank customer care to receive a new PIN/card.
7. What happens if I forget my PIN?
• Please contact the bank customer care to receive a new PIN.
8. What if my card is expired?
• Please call the customer care and request for a new card.
9. What is CVD?
• It’s a three digit number printed in the back of the card
10. How can I get my OTP?
• You will get it on your email address or mobile number that is registered with the bank
11. How long is the OTP valid?
• It varies for all issuing banks
12. What happens if the screen shows an error message after entering the OTP?
• Please get in touch with your issuing bank
13. Will this OTP be valid while re-trying the transaction?
• No, the OTP is valid for only on transaction. It will therefore work only once and in this case the customer has to request for another OTP.
14. What if I forget the image selected during registration?
• Click on the ‘Re-register’ Button shown on the screen
15. Why is phrase required?
• This unique feature plays a pivotal role in providing additional security to validate the customer. This phrase along with the last three transaction history being displayed
provides a platform for anti-phishing thus providing additional security features.
16. How can I change the phrase in case I’ve forgotten?
• The customer can re-register to enter a new phrase for future authentication. The customer will then see this phrase on the authentication pad and will have to acknowledge the same to complete the transaction.
17. What happens if I enter the wrong pin in the PIN pad?
• You can click on ‘cancel’ and start a new transaction if the ‘submit’ button is not clicked. In case the customer has entered the wrong PIN and has submitted the same the transaction will be unsuccessful and the customer will be notified about the same.
18. Can I delete the wrong digit entered in the pin pad? Or Do I have to carry out new transaction?
• Yes. In case of wrong entry you can click on the ‘clear’ button and re-enter the PIN
19. What to do if my card gets blocked on exceeding the number of attempts to select the registered image?
• For the first time, the card will get blocked for 24 hours and then automatically will start working thereafter on the next business date.
• If it happens again, then the card will be blocked permanently. In this case you need to re-register.
• The customer can re-register anytime.
Please accept following Terms & Conditions to register for RuPay PaySecure.
Terms and Conditions for RuPay PaySecure®
RuPay PaySecure authentication service is powered by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). All web based transactions on cards enabled for this service are guided by the Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) mentioned herein. Please read these T&Cs carefully before using your electronic payment card on the RuPay PaySecure solution for online transactions.
“Card(s)” shall mean RuPay Debit/Prepaid or Credit cards as issued by “The Gujarat State Co-Operative Bank Ltd”.
“Cardholder” shall mean the owner authorized to perform transaction on the card issued by “The Gujarat State Co-Operative Bank Ltd”
The words”we”,”us” and “our” refer to NPCI / RuPay PaySecure solution as the case may be.
“Registration information/ data” shall mean the information shared by the cardholder during the registration transaction viz. Image, Personalized phrase and PIN.
“Bank” shall mean the “The Gujarat State Co-Operative Bank Ltd” which has issued RuPay Debit/Prepaid or Credit Card.
About RuPay PaySecure:
RuPay PaySecure provides you an additional level of security for all online transactions done using your RuPay cards. Registering your card for RuPay PaySecure involves providing information to NPCI, which is then used to confirm your identity during future online transactions which use RuPay PaySecure. The platform uses a combination of image& phrase selection and PIN entry to secure your online experience using the card.Your registration information (image, phrase), and other personal information is not shared with the merchant or Bank.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
a. Usage ofRuPay PaySecure is subject to the T&Cs governing the card transactions as well as Terms and Conditions applicable to the Bank Account. Use of PaySecure abides you to the terms of the solution. The T&Cs can also be viewed on the mentioned URL: xxx. In addition, when using RuPay PaySecure, you will be subject to all guidelines or rules applicable to RuPay cards and PaySecure that may be posted from time to time at the(Bank and/or NPCI) web site.
b. Selection of Image, phrase & PIN entry using RuPay PaySecure, will confirm acceptance of RuPay PaySecure T&Cs and the revised versions, enhancements, modifications of the same.
c. The cardholder is entirely responsible for ensuring secure usage/storage of the PaySecure registration information (image, personalized phrase and PIN). Cardholder is liable for misuse/ unwarranted disclosure of sensitive information such as the registration data. NPCI shall not be responsible for interception/ misuse of PIN/image/phrase using RuPay PaySecure service. NPCI is not liable if the registration information is misused due to any reason whatsoever and or if the terms and conditions relating to use of this information are not complied with.
2. CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS
Customer to provide complete, correct, honest and current information as required by RuPay PaySecure in the registration page. If you provide any personal Data that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if there are reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, NPCI reserves the right to suspend, terminate, or refuse your current or future use of RuPay PaySecure service.
a. The cardholder is required to register his/her card to be able to use RuPay PaySecure.Card holder must provide the requested information, to the Bank/NPCI to validate their identity and have authorization for the usage of the Card(s) for transactions on RuPay PaySecure.
b. RuPay PaySecure reserves the right to disallow the customer from registration/usage of the service in case the information provided by the customer is incorrect/false.The cardholder assures that every information entered in the PaySecure system is true and that they are legally entitled to use the cards that they register on the RuPay PaySecure system.
c. RuPay PaySecure unregistered cards will be disallowed from being used at any online Merchant entities.
d. For all queries related to RuPay PaySecure, refer to the following URL: http://www.gscbank.co.in/important-links/rupay-paysecure-registration/ or call your bank’s customer service numbers.
e. NPCI may enhance the security features etc. of the RuPay PaySecure solution from time to time. The T&Cs may be modified for revised features in the future. Acceptance of these T&Cs will abide the cardholder for any future versions of the RuPay PaySecure T&Cs.
a. During registration in RuPay PaySecure service, you may be required to select an authentication method viz. OTP (One Time Password) or Internet ID & password, or challenge question/answer etc. for authenticating with your bank. Along with that, you would be required to select an image & enter a phrase when engaging in an online transaction or registration/other transaction for which RuPay PaySecure is used. You may be asked to select the image and approve the phrase that you had selected during your registration process before the merchant accepts your Card in payment for the transaction. If you are unable to select the correct image or if the authentication through RuPay PaySecure otherwise fails, the merchant may not accept your RuPay Card for payment in that transaction.
b. You are successfully registered for RuPay PaySecure service only after you successfully complete the entire online transaction for the first time.
c. By registering for RuPay PaySecure, you agree to the use of RuPay PaySecure to evidence your identity, including the authorization of transactions authorized in advance to recur at substantially regular intervals.
d. Certain merchant establishments/ Banks at a later date may provide for any additional authentication in addition to what has been requested for. Cardholder will be required to provide the same accordingly.
5. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Cardholder is liable entirely for maintaining the confidentiality of the registration information viz.image, phrase, PIN and other verification information used on the RuPay PaySecure solution.All activities that occur using the Registration information or other verification information supplied to or established by Cardholder with respect to PaySecure will be the sole responsibility of the cardholder. Cardholder is responsible not to share information which enables access/ usage of RuPay PaySecure to any third party. Customer should immediately notify the bank of any unauthorized use of their RuPay PaySecure verification information, or any other breach of security. The cardholder agrees that NPCI will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from failure of Cardholder to comply with these T&Cs.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
a. Cardholder Registration information will not be shared with any online merchant establishments for which RuPay PaySecure is used.
b. Cardholder agrees to permit the Bank/NPCI to store the Registration information in their databases and are permitted to disclose it if required to do so by Applicable Law, in good faith believing that such preservation or disclosure is permitted by Applicable Law, or as reasonably necessary to (i) comply with legal process or (ii) enforce these T&Cs.
7. CARDHOLDER RESPONSIBILITIES
As a RuPay PaySecure user, the cardholder acknowledges and agrees to the following:
The cardholder will –
• Ensure confidentiality of PIN and not reveal it to any third party.
• Keep the image & phrase confidential and not share with any third party
• Keep the OTP; internet ID & Password or challenge questions used during registration process, totally confidential and not reveal it to any third party
• Ensure the phrase entered during registration must not be related to any readily accessible personal data such as name, address, telephone number, driver license, etc.
• Ensure the Image, Phrase & PIN should not be written or stored physically or in soft form. The same should be memorized
• Take necessary precautions to ensure that the computer device or other device accessing RuPay PaySecure during transactions is guarded from all unauthorized access.
The cardholder will NEVER-
• access RuPay PaySecure with false/fake id or attempt impersonation of any kind;
• hamper the functioning of the RuPay PaySecure module in any manner of hardware or software malfunction by use of software viruses or any other programs or applications;
• intentionally overload the RuPay PaySecure platform to hamper the service;
• infringe upon the Intellectual Property rights of the PaySecure solution by attempting to re-create or re-engineer the solution or any part of it or the softwares used in connection with RuPay PaySecure;
• remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in RuPay PaySecure;
• re-create or use any part of the RuPay PaySecure service without NPCI’s prior written authorization;
• attempt to data mine, unlawfully obtain information specific to the RuPay PaySecure solution using any application, or other manual or automatic device or in any way and re-engineer or duplicate the user experience similar to PaySecure service;
• interfere with the functioning of PaySecure or its associated hardware/ software by any means; or
• fail adherence to any applicable governing law, regulation, guidelines or any Terms and Conditions advised by Bank/NPCI in connection with use of RuPay PaySecure.
8. Rules of Liability
a. NPCI has no liability for cardholder’s internet access device or password obtaining device (such as computer or mobile phones etc.) or proper functioning of its hardware or software before, during or after the use of RuPay PaySecure.
b. NPCI will in its best efforts make the web service secure from all aspects possible. However, NPCI will not take liability for any viruses or unlawful downloads that the cardholder’s system may be exposed to while he accesses the internet for using RuPay PaySecure.
c. NPCI does not take liability of failed transactions which are incomplete due to any reason
The RuPay PaySecure solution merely offers card holders an additional level of security for their card transactions on their online merchants. RuPay PaySecure by no means intends to endorse any Merchant over others. Additionally, NPCI does not guarantee the cardholder experience with the merchant in terms of delivery of product, quality etc. NPCI does not validate the Merchant’s services or offering.
Cardholder’s interaction with the merchant is independent of governance of RuPay PaySecure rules. Merchant’s terms of business with the cardholder with regards to service/ product quality, delivery, payment, guarantees / warranties, promotions, discounts etc. is an understanding between the cardholder and merchant alone even if the customer used RuPay PaySecure for authorizing the transaction. In no event will NPCI be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
10. Internet Frauds:
The Internet per se is susceptible to a number of frauds, misuses, hacking and other actions which could affect use of RuPay PaySecure. Whilst the Bank and/or NPCI shall aim to provide security to prevent the same, there cannot be any guarantee from such Internet frauds, hacking and other actions which could affect the use of the RuPay PaySecure. You shall separately evaluate all risks arising out of the same.
11.Operational Issues :
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, NPCI takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to operational issues beyond control of NPCI.
12. NPCI Indemnity:
NPCI should be indemnified against all losses and damages that may be caused as a consequence of breach of any of the RuPay PaySecure T&Cs.
13. Discontinuation of RuPay PaySecure:
NPCI reserves the right to discontinue the above service at any time whatsoever. Bank may, without giving cardholder notice or reason, terminate the “RuPay PaySecure” Solution or its use by cardholder temporarily or permanently deactivating the cardholder ability to use the Service.
If cardholder desire to Disable or unsubscribe to “RuPay PaySecure” Solution, cardholder can request termination of cardholder use of the Service at any time by calling our Customer Call Centre for Debit cards appearing on our website so that cardholder Password and Registration Data with “RuPay PaySecure” Solution can be deactivated. The cardholder termination will be effective when Bank de-register the cardholder from the Services.
Any purchases made using “RuPay PaySecure” Solution prior to deactivation will not be affected.
Bank reserve the right to at any time suspend the Service without notice where Bank consider necessary or advisable to do so, for example, to protect the cardholder when there is a suspected breach of security, or when Bank have reasonable grounds to suspect that cardholder registration data is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or Bank need to suspend the Service for maintenance or other reasons.
Due to the nature of the service, under no circumstances bank will be liable/responsible for any consequential, incidental, special or indirect losses or other damages, such as any damage to the cardholder data, software, computer, telecommunications or other equipments or telephone service resulting from the cardholder use of “RuPay PaySecure Solution unless such loss or damage is directly and solely caused by our negligence or deliberate default.
Bank assume no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any damages to, or any viruses which may affect, the cardholder computer equipment or other property on account of the cardholder access to, use of, or downloading from this web site.
Bank cannot be held liable to the cardholder or any third party for any modification, enhancement, suspension or discontinuance of The Gujarat State Co-Operative Bank’s “RuPay PaySecure” Solution, whether within or outside our control.
Bank will not be liable if a transaction on the net that does not materialize or is delayed or is incomplete.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The cardholder expressly understand and agree that any software obtained through the use of “RuPay PaySecure” Solution is downloaded and used at the cardholder own discretion and risk and that except as otherwise provided in this T&C’s Agreement,the cardholder will be solely responsible for any damage to the cardholder computer system or loss of data that results from the download or use of any such software or other materials through “RuPay PaySecure” Solution.
Except as otherwise required by any applicable state law, Bank make no representations or warranties about “RuPay PaySecure” Solution of any kind, express or implied, including any warranties as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Bank give no warranties or conditions (whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise) in relation to the Service, and exclude all implied warranties and conditions including any warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, good title and non-infringement.
In no event will Bank be liable to the cardholder for any incidental, consequential, indirect damages (including loss of profits and business interruption), or special or exemplary damages.
16. LEGAL COMPETENCE AND RESPONSIBILITY
The customer represents that he /she is not suffering from any legal disability to use ‘RuPay Pay Secure’ solution and to create binding legal obligations for any liability the cardholder may incur as a result of the use of “RuPay PaySecure” Solution. Except as otherwise provided by Applicable Law or in Bank Debit Card member Agreement with the cardholder or Terms and Conditions applicable to the Account, the cardholder understand that he/she are financially responsible for all uses of RuPay PaySecure Solution and those authorized by the cardholder to use Registration Data, password or other verification information by the cardholder himself/herself.
The cardholder agree and acknowledge to:
i. Keep the Password totally confidential and not reveal it to any third party.
ii. Choose a Password which shall be sufficiently long and shall consist of a mix of alphabets numbers and special characters which must not relate to any readily accessible personal data such as the cardholder name, address, telephone number, driver license, etc. or easily guessable combination of letters and numbers.
iii. Commit the Password to memory and not record it in a written or electronic form,and
iv. Not let any unauthorized person have access to card holder computer or leave the computer unattended while accessing the Net for making/using the RuPay PaySecure Solution.
v. The Bank shall not be responsible for interception/misuse of “USecure” or “VBV” service.
b. Misuse of Password:
The cardholder acknowledge that if any third person obtains access to the Password, such third person would be able to carry out transactions via the “RuPay PaySecure” Solution or make and use “RuPay PaySecure” Solution. The cardholder shall ensure that the terms and conditions applicable to the use of the password as contained in the T&C’s are complied with at all times.
c. Internet Frauds:
The Internet per se is susceptible to a number of frauds, misuses, hacking and other actions which could affect making/use of “RuPay PaySecure” Solution. Whilst the Bank shall aim to provide security to prevent the same, there cannot be any guarantee from such Internet frauds, hacking and other actions which could affect the making and use of the “RuPay PaySecure” Solution. The cardholder shall separately evolve/evaluate all risks arising out of the same.
d. Technology Risks:
Virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, program of macro could affect the technology for the “RuPay PaySecure” Solution offered by the Bank. It may also be possible that the site of the Bank may require maintenance and during such time it may not be possible to process the request of the Customers. This could result in delays in the processing of instruction or failure in the processing of instructions and other such failures and inability. The cardholder understand and acknowledge that the bank disclaims all and any liability, arising out of any failure or inability by the Bank to honour any customer instruction.
The cardholder is aware that the Bank may from time to time impose maximum and minimum limits on the “RuPay PaySecure” Solution. The cardholder realise, accept and agree that the same is to reduce the risks on the cardholder itself. For instance, the Bank may impose transaction restrictions within particular periods or amount restrictions within a particular period or even limits on each transaction. The cardholder shall be bound by such limits imposed and shall strictly comply with them.
The Card member shall indemnify and hold The Gujarat State Co-Operative Bank Ltd, including its officers, employees and agents, indemnified against all losses and expenses on full indemnity basis which The Gujarat State Co-Operative Bank Ltd may incur, sustain, suffer or is likely to suffer in connection with the execution of the Card members instructions and against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses as a consequence or by reason of providing the Service. The cardholder shall indemnify the Bank for and against all losses and damages that may be caused as a consequence of breach of any of the “RuPay PaySecure” Solution Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions mentioned herein above under.
g. Withdrawal of Facility:
The bank shall be entitled to withdraw the above service at any time whatsoever.
The cardholder hereby agree to bear the charges as may be stipulated by the Bank from time to time for availing of these services. The cardholder hereby authorize the Bank to recover all charges related to “RuPay PaySecure” Solution as determined by the Bank from time to time by debiting the cardholder accounts.
Communications from Bank are deemed to have been received by the cardholder (where delivered personally) at the time of personal delivery or on leaving it at the address last notified by the cardholder to Bank, (where sent by post) 48 hours after posting if the address is in India and seven days after posting if the address is outside India or (where sent by facsimile transmission, telex or email) immediately after transmitting to the facsimile or telex number or email address last notified in writing by the cardholder to Bank. Communications sent by the cardholder to Bank are deemed to be delivered to Bank on the day of actual receipt.
If any part of these Terms is held by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, void or unenforceable, such determination will not impair the enforceability of the remaining parts of this agreement.
. A waiver by Bank of any provision of these Terms will not be effective unless given in writing, and then it will be effective only to the extent that it is expressly stated to be given.
i. A failure, delay or indulgence by Bank in exercising any power or right will not operate as a waiver of that power or right. A single exercise or partial exercise of any power or right by Bank does not preclude further exercises of that power or right or the exercise of any other power or right.
ii. Our rights and remedies under these Terms are cumulative and do not exclude other rights and remedies provided by law.
l. Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
The Service and these Terms are governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of India. All disputes, if any, arising out of or in connection with, or as a result of this Terms and Conditions or otherwise relating hereto, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts/tribunals in Gujarat only.
In case the customer has used part amount for a transaction, the balance will get credited back to the customer’s account approximately within 30 days from the date of transaction if the same is not claimed by RuPay/Merchant establishment.
I Agree Cancel